On Sunday 13th September, St Swithuns School are working with the New Forest Marathon team (www.newforestmarathon.co.uk) to organise our first fundraising event in Allegra’s memory. We hope that all our friends & family & Allegra’s friends will come & join us. There is a 5km, 10km, half marathon and full marathon on offer as well as a walk.
All of these races will start and finish at the same venue, New Park Farm (Brockenhurst). The routes for all the above events will take you through forest enclosures and participants will no doubt see New Forest ponies in abundance. Details of the day, the venue and the course profiles can be seen at www.newforestmarathon.co.uk.
There is an enrolment fee which will go towards the organisational costs of the event, a ‘goodie bag’, race day magazine and a finisher’s medal. The cost varies according to the race distance selected. If you follow the enrolment process below, all participants will receive an Allegra’s Ambition t-shirt to run in on the day. This will be different to other t-shirts given out on the day and therefore it is imperative you follow step 5 below. Chip timing will also be used in the 10km, half marathon and full marathon.
Should you wish to participate in one of the above events, please follow the steps outlined below and sign up before Monday, 6 July:
- go to www.newforestmarathon.co.uk ;
- select ‘the race’ followed by ‘race entry’;
- select ‘sign up’. Read through the event information carefully and click ‘next’;
- choose your race distance;
- complete the online entry form being sure to complete the box ‘running in the name of’ with Allegra Whittome’s name (this entitles you to an Allegra’s Ambition running t-shirt);
- Start training for your run, preferably with your friends, inspiring and motivating others. Have a browse on the New Forest event website, there is plenty of information available about the day and training programmes to help you on your journey;
We will be raising money for Allegra’s Ambition, a trust set up to inspire young people to get involved in sport and outdoor activities. You can either ask your sponsors to donate via the MyDonate page. Should you wish to raise and collect your own sponsorship monies, on behalf of Allegra’s Ambition, you can download a paper sponsorship form (right click and ‘save file as’). Alternatively you can set up your own web donate page. It has been agreed that 10% of monies raised will be donated to the New Forest Community Fund.
We hope to see many people participating in Allegra’s memorial event. Allegra was involved in many teams at school but was also a pivotal member of various sporting teams and clubs in the wider community. Everyone is welcome to take part in any of the four races on offer. Please help us to make this event memorable in Allegra’s memory.